Sunday, September 11, 2011

Club Penguin: Remembering 9/11

Let's take a step away from Club Penguin...

On September 11th at 9:45 AM in New York city, a photographer by the name of Richard Drew captured a picture of a man. The mysterious man was trapped on an upper floor in the North Tower of the World Trade Center. This particular section of the North Tower was covered in poisonous smoke and deadly fire. Instead of dying in the smoke and fire, he decided to jump.

The man is identified as Jonathan Briley, an employee who worked in a top-floor restaurant. Along with many others, Jonathan took his own life to prove a point. He wanted to prove to the terrorists who attacked America that he still has strength. Instead of letting the terrorists burn him to death, Jonathan wanted to end his life on his own will.

On the morning of 9/11, Hijackers seized 4 plans from Boston that were on route to Los Angeles.

At 8:46 AM, Flight 11 crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

At 9:03 AM, Flight 173 crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center.

At 9:37 AM, Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon located in Virginia.

At 10:03 AM, Flight 93 crashes south of Pittsburgh. The hijackers and passengers battled in the cockpit, ultimately crashing the plane in a deserted area.

The word hero is an overused word nowadays. The everyday people who battled for America on 9/11, are real heroes! That falling man is stronger than any comic book superhero to date. The firefighters who ran through smoke to save the lives of civilians are a true justice league. The passengers who fought with the hijackers and gave their lives on Flight 93 are the ones to look up to.

Silly Club Penguin chat room brawls and mean tweets are a speck of smoke compared to what happened on September 11th. We should appreciate the fact that we are alive today! As a community, Frostylittle (That's me!) believes that we should focus more attention on the bigger problems of the Earth. Through the power of the internet, penguins can get together to change the world!

What do you remember about 9/11? How did it effect you?

~Frostylittle, President of Club Penguin Neighborhood

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing post Frost. You really need to right like this more often!

~Andy the Lego

~9/11: ωє ωιℓℓ ησт ƒσяgєт~

Piper said...

I don't really remember 9/11... I wasn't even one year old(maybe 8 months?), but I do have a picture of myself as a baby, staring at the TV screen(it was playing some weird show), when my mom turned it on to the news. In the picture, im just staring at the TV. But when I first saw that, I wasn't thinking about how I reacted to it or really anything about how it happened, I just looked at how cute i was:) But, because of 9/11, I never want to ride an airplane on that day..... And I just realized, 9/11 without the "/" is 911, which im guessing like a million people dialed on that day. Hey, I made a long comment!!

Hedgehog 14 said...

Great post, and andys right, make more like this!

9/11 was a terrible day, most people try hard to forget it. I just remember my mom coming to pick me up from kindergarden and being really scared.

Those people who helped that day really are true heros. Espically the ones who raced into the burning buildings to save people, and those passengers who put the lives of others in front of theirs and stopped those hijackers.

I'm glad nothing happened today, like some people said it would..

Hedge

Anonymous said...

Hey, so I remember this day now 100%. Kindergarden was first starting and little me went off to school probably to do more finger painting? Later on the teacher came with a tv screen and we watched burning buildings ALL day. How boring is that? Later on, 3 years later I was informed of those burning buildings being crashed into by planes driven by terrorists. Young innocent me couldn't figure out why somebody would have the heart to kill several thousands of people? I still to date do not know why people kill other people (except on the inside)... Laterz.

-Athletico96

Penny Mickey said...

Well.. that challenge was interesting to say the least. I want to say to Mat and Bumble that it wasn't technically the fairest challenge ever. And I would trade winning for your friendship any day. And I hope you know that. <3
Mat, Bumble, and Tim: I love you all. In a non-lovish way. Forever, k? <3
It might be "obvious" as to the person I'm voting, but I'm voting this person for a reason. You are an amazing player, and an even more amazing person. You're funny, nice, and just plain SPIFFY. The reason why I'm voting you is that you haven't came to all the challenges. I know we all have real lives, and I totally respect that. But.. you know? And you told me once you were thinking of quitting cuz you didn't care a whole bunch. I totally respect that, but I feel like someone who REALLY wants it should win. I'm so sorry Spiffy Toasty Timmay. *hug*?

~Penny "Evicting Your Best Friends Isn't So Gangsta" Mickey

P.S. Will you add me back as a buddy, Frosty?? And Owl and Alking!!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm really sorry...but I have to vote Tim...a few reasons why is that you didn't come to the challenge...and you have already missed like 5..so I think it's right to vote you out this week...

You were great this season, I loved having you on Gangsta Stalkers, we have became wayyy better friends then we were before CPN, and I hope our great friendship continues.

I hope you understand...and I hope your not mad..But it wouldn't be fair at all if I voted Mat or Penny since they've came to a lot of challenges, and they worked really hard at this one..I hope you understand that. Again I'm really sorry.
~Bumble.

Matbolabc said...

The closer and closer you get to the light at the end of the tunnel, the harder and harder it gets to make each step. This vote is a very hard one and the guilt behind it will eat away at me everytime I log into chat. But of the Final 4 (Me, Bumble, Penny, & Tim) There is only one person I could vote to eliminate. I don't even want to bring this challenge into my vote at all... Because of this challenge, I rest my vote on the past performance in this gameshow. The fact is that real life does indeed come first, and it is more important than winning a gameshow.
At this stage in the competition I have no choice but to eliminate Tim.
Tim, we both had our fights earlier, but I honestly consider you a brother to me and this vote absolutely kills me. I have a deep throb in my chest while I type this, I'm pretty sure it's guilt. Tim you are amazing and a true inspiration to anyone to compete in these gameshows.
My vote is for 3 main reasons.
A. You had already won a coin code in the previous challenge.
B. You have missed more challenges this season than anyone else with the exception of the slackers eliminated in the early stages.
and C. I have to be true and fair to both myself, and the 2 girls I'm competing with.
Sometimes the best strategy is to go with what is right, and put strategic thoughts in the back of your mind, and focus on what is right.. I'd rather lose this competition than to lose my class and integrity as a human being, and the respect I have earned as a true competitor. I love you with all my heart Tim, and I honestly hope this vote changes nothing between us. You will FOREVER be one of my best friends and I really wish the final 4 didn't have to close this way.

Love ya dude,
-Matbolabc
Friendship > Competition

ToastyTim said...

Well, I pretty much know I'm going home. I thoguht it was a fun season, I found it to be exciting and very fun (the challenges I made it too). Well I would like to thank all of the contestants! I met new people and teamed up with old ones! It was a great experience! I have been on a couple of seasons of CPN and found them a blast. . . Well I guess all great things must come to an end, I love this game and all of my friends in it, and I am very happy to say that I did my best, I don't need a title "Winner of CPN" to know that I did well. Thank you all so much. May the best player win! :)

-Thanks A Bunch Frosty and Friends!
Tim250, A happy penguin

P.S. I WANT ALONG GOODBYE POST PLZ! WITH SPRINKLES!!!

P.S.S. if for some weird reasonIm not voted out by the other contestants, I would like to vote myself out :)

Club Penguin Is the Best!

Without Club Penguin this Club Penguin Game Show would not exist. Thank-you Lane Merrifield, Lance Priebe and David Kyrsko for creating Club Penguin!
Blogger Widgets Twitter Bird Gadget